Friday, October 24, 2008

Visiting Angelica

The girls and I made the trip to RI and Mass in order to visit Angelica and meet John and Javari.
This was a humongous deal. The last time the girls all saw each other Angelica was 4, Elanee 2 and Vayda 3 mo!
Now Angelica is grown and is such a SWEET young woman. She lives with her boyfriend, John and has an adorable little boy, Javari.
Pedro came to see everyone. Elanee and Vayda havent seen him in 3 yrs (and another 4 prior to that) and Angelica only saw him once since she was 4! This was his first time seeing Javari. It was intense for all of the girls as they all carry mixed feeling about Pedro. It was just great for them all to experience something truely positive with him. Babies have the power to make people forget their misery ;)
Pedro's sister, Aunt Millie, came to see everyone too. She is super cool! The girls and I all really liked her alot. Just an all around, easy to like, person.Elanee helped Angelica with lunch. She learned to fry plantains.
One of the most impressive people we met was John, Angelica's boyfriend and Javari's dad.
I was seriouly impressed by him. Hes just 19 and a wonderfully attentive father. He spoke highly of being there for his son. But, more impressive was the way the baby watched him and responded to him. That was proof that he was walking his talk. I think Javari is a lucky boy to have such a solid, dedicated father. John is proof that no matter what you come from you can choose your own reality.
Angelica was so happy to be with her sisters again after so long. It was just sweet.
Making this trip was a big effort for me but it went SO well and I am SO happy I did it. I had always hoped that Elanee and Vayda could connect with Angelica at some point. I am just happy that I was able to make that happen for them now. I am also happy that Angelica grew into the type of person I'd want my girls to know. Its just awesome for them~for us all~ to have this connection.

No comments: