Friday, October 31, 2008

Drying clothes

Clothes Wracks
Well over a year ago we were out viewing a home our family friend, Tommy, had renovated. As we were enjoying our tour I noticed the laundry area and comment that there wasnt much room for a clothes dryer. Tommy matter of factly stated that the buyers could use clothes wracks to dry their clothing. He said that he grew up using them. I instantly thought how that could never work in our home. After all we have TONS of laundry and who wants wrack with underwear hanging sitting in the living room!?!? Days later it dawned on me that we could put wracks in the bedrooms!!! So, I went to Walmart and got each of the kids a wrack for their rooms plus one for the kitchen (for dishtowels & napkins). I invested in a nice big fancy one for Jody and I as we have to share and our clothing is the biggest. Turns out that with the winter forced air heat, the clothes dry really quickly. The kids take their wet clothes to their own rooms and hang it themselves. I actually end up handling their laundry LESS. Since we upgraded to the front loading washer last Xmas things are even better. The washer rings out the clothes to almost dry so I am able to do several loads a day and everything is dry by the next morning.

1 comment:

Olive Oyl said...

Never heard of clothes "wracks" - what are they!?! My mom used a crib rail side to make a dryer rack and bicycle hooks in her dining room. I have one to do that with, but need to get a board on the ceiling to catch the studs.