Monday, July 24, 2006

Rubber Stamps

This my rubber stamp company- Pretty In Ink. See my site at www.prettyinink.biz .
About 5 yrs ago I was making my own cards and a friend said, "Not for nothin, but you should see what these ladies are doing". She was talking about her neighbor ladies who were using rubber stamps from Stampin Up. I went for a visit to see what all the fuss was about. Well I was hooked. About a yr later I wanted to have some of my own art turned into stamps so I hired a seasoned stamp maker, Don Grover, to do some custom work. Upon collecting my stamps I said," I should find out how a person goes about doing making stamps". He said to come over and he'd show me how it worked. He was great. In the end he sold me some equiptment, hooked me up with his wholesalers and set me on my way. Considering he was trying to run his own business this was VERY generous. So- I was on my way. When 911 happened I was providing day care for toddles 50 hrs a week and I was fried. I realized that day that life is way too short to be miserable so I quit my day care job and went into the rubber stamp business full time. Now I have realized my dream of owning my own little shop in my home as well as an Ebay store, Etsy store and successful web store. I have about 1500 of my own designs and I do lots and lots of custom work.

No comments: