Saturday, July 01, 2006

Home-steading- How come?

Homesteading? How Come???

Home steading is my way of life. Money drove the train for me. After creating a family of 9 I found that it was too hard to live life in the middle. Ya know...soccer mom, kids in lessons, fancy tags on their shirts, two incomes etc. It kind of came to me all at once after yet another finacial struggle...that with 7 kids we were living kind of an 'old fashioned' life style. After all, its not really the norm to have beyond 2-3 kids these days. But, we were trying to stuff ourselves and these kids into the rat race box and it just wasn't working at all. So one day I decided to make a plan. It started with a few chickens.....otherwise known as 'free' eggs...and it went from there.
Here are our very first chicks. I was freaked right out that I had to buy 25 chicks all at once! BUT, I figured that if this crazy idea didn't work I could always put a sign out front that said, " Free Chickens". These ladies have since grown up and most have moved into the soup pot.

No comments: