Monday, March 31, 2008

Room Renovation- On the way

That first day we got going on taping all the millions of cracks. The house had been jacked up before we got it so some of the rooms were very cracked.
I taped. Maya wanted to try her hand at plastering so I let her try. That was smart because- who knew- the kid can plaster! She plastered everthing she could reach. What a great help.
Elanee, Vayda and Maya all worked for hours and hours sanding and putting 2 coats of primer on all the wood work. That includes 4 windows and 2 doors..and of course the baseboards. I totally entrusted this work to them. This was the first time I handed over an entire job like that to them and they did a fantastic job!
On Saterday while the girls and I toiled away upstairs, Jody and Ben went out to get fire wood. We had fun stalking them from the window. Here they are hard at work unloading the slab wood.

No comments: