Monday, March 31, 2008

Room Renovation- Making a start

The final bedroom! When we bought this house 4 years ago it needed alot of cosmetic work.
I started the renovations with the family room so we could walk into the house and see something pretty. That was mostly about Jody's sanity. I had the vision of what everything would look like in my head and he was just trusting my vision. He couldnt believe I wanted "this house??" So from there I have done just one room at a time. I finished up the down stairs first and then started pecking away at the bed rooms- First Elanee's, then Ben's, Vayda's and now finally Maya's.

Here are some before shots. She has the master bedroom so it is very large and sunny. We took an hour and shoved everything she owned into one huge heap in the center.
Elanee started with removing brackets from the windows and nails from the walls.
We draped a huge plastic sheet over the heap and made a start. Not sure what motivated this project. I just remember waking Maya up one morning telling her I wanted to work on her room. The big girls groaned when I said, " For the next 5 days your life is MINE!"

2 comments:

Arlene Tresmanio said...

Renovating a home is a delicate balance between creating your perfect living space, and insuring a return on your investment. NYC complete renovation did a great work

arLeNe said...

I hope you'll finish your dream room soon. Interior Designers NYC helps a lot for me. Drywall repair, fluted casings, vinyl window and carpet tile installation are just a few of the projects the homeowners learn to tackle. And they did a great job.