Monday, March 10, 2008

English Wed

On Wednesdays this house is all about English and Foreign Language.
Elanee and Vayda unschool themselvs for english. That means they read what they want when they want. And- They read LOTS! Just tons. Novels, biographies, self help, how tos- you name it. Then they write. Once in a blue mood I assigne a writting assignment but mostly they write using Email and their blogs.

For their languages- Vayda does Spanish because she is trying to keep up with Romulus school district...thinking that she may go back later. Elanee does Farsi. She has hopes of being able to speek and read Farsi (Persian) one day because she plans to visit Haifa Isreal and also would like to be able to read the untranslated writtings of Baha'u'llah (the founder of the Baha'i Faith)
Both of them have an awesome computer game/ program that teaches them their chosen language.
I work directly with Maya Rae. I read to her, she reads to me, she does a spelling program and copy work as well her own dictated writting projects including a dream journal.

On this Wed the 3 were hard at work. Maya decided to practice spelling with her leap from game. I thought they were cute with their faces in a screen and I wasnt particularly needed so I ran around playing with my camera. :)




No comments: