Monday, March 10, 2008

Our living room

One time I saw a blog where a lady took pictures of all of her favorite things. Now that I have a great camera (that isnt attached to a cord of all things) I thought I'd do that too.
So- Here is one......My living room. I love it! Its just pretty and peaceful.

This is where I read with coffee in hand with the morning sun shining in on me through the three windows. This is where I love to nap with the pets in the afternoon sun. This is where we celebrate most family holidays.

Most everything is used/ second hand. I did get the furniture new but it was the discounted floor modle. I got the carpet from my friend, Rett. Its old. Got the little green dresser from Rett too. Painted that and fixed it up. The coffee table I found in pieces in the basement of the house when we moved in. Rebuilt that. The big rocker is lovely. Retta gave me that one too. I gave it a new seat. Everyone lands there first.

These are the first shelves I ever hung.

This rocker was my fathers. Its in need of repair now. The blue dress doll I put on lay away back when I was 20. I paid on it for months. Just liked the sad but pretty face so much. After Elanee came along it always reminded me of her. The blonde we found face down in the dust in a corner of the attic here. The print above I got at Kmart years ago. I fell in love with because it made me think of my Vayda when she was that little.

No comments: