Monday, March 02, 2009

Ayyam-i-Ha Party success!


On Friday evening we held an Ayyam-i-Ha party pot luck dinner.
Here I am preparing some food ahead of time. I made things I already had on hand...
a couple of pot roasts, potatoes with garlic and basil, fresh bread and asparagus. Vayda made and decorated a chocolate cake.

Heather and her children came all the way from Rhode Island for the party. Heather is teaching her kids about each of the major religions at home and thought the Ayyam-i-Ha weekend would be a great way to teach them about the Baha'i Faith. (I will tell ya right now...those kids had a blast!..lol)

We had a great turn out....including our neighbor Tina and friends Terry,Phil and Bobbi.

Shampsi and Kali came from Ithaca (Baha'i friends) and Shelley and Aaron (my daughter in law & step son) came from Syracuse.
Elanee and Vayda had several friends come....
Including Mollie, Emily, Valery, Abby, Victoria...
Ravyn, David & Daniel.
Maya Rae and Carrie Sue (named after me....brag) were psyched to have time together!
I was THRILLED that my brother, Greg, and nephew, Nick, came too ;)
Everyone brought great food and we ate, hung out and chatted.

No comments: