Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A weekend with Heather

Over Valentines weekend, my friend Heather, came to visit just for the heck of it. We had a great time. She left her kids at home and I farmed out most of the kids to sleep overs etc. Jody worked. She and I just hung out the first night and watched a Tony Robbins video. Sat was Valentines day. We had to stay home all day to finish up my store closing sale. That in itself was fun. In the evening we got all dolled up (Ben took our picture) and went visiting. First we stopped in to see my mom but she wasn't home. We left flowers and cookies for her birthday and Valentines. Then we popped in on my X sister in law. I gave her a T-shirt and book for her birthday and cookies for Valentines. Then it was to my brother's. I gave him a paper bag stamped with kisses and hearts. In the bag where two T-bone steaks...nice man gift ;) We had a nice little visit. We chatted and played with my nephew for a bit. After all that we headed to Victor to an Indian restaurant. We enjoyed good food (very new to me) and endured..."Josh"...the icky 24 yr old boy who thought we were all that and a bag-a-chips! Ick. "Josh" invited us back to his place to play a few rounds of 'beer pong'...whatever the heck THAT is?!?! Ick. I was like 'Josh-dude- I have raise kids older than you!' Later "Josh" complained that his Valentines day was going badly because his girl friend was yelling at him :( I said, "Hey Josh, do you suppose your girl friend is freakin out because you keep inviting old ladies back to your place to play beer pong?" He was like..."Uhhhh, yeah, maybe"
LOL - Good grief! On Sunday morning we just hung around, chatted and ate left over Indian food then Heather was off....back to Rhode Island!
Good times!

No comments: