Sunday, February 21, 2010

A NEW WOODSTOVE

As part of out making the most of a challenging situation we decided to buy ourselves a better heat source. For 7 yrs we have lived with the wood furnace. Its a great way to save $ on the heat bill but its just never been able to keep up with our old breezy, drafty, cold farm house.
We went to the bank for a good old fashioned loan. Got it! Thats progress in itself :)
Once that was secured we went to Martins in Fayette for the biggest and best wood stove they have. The folks who installed it were great. They did a wonderful job, were pleasent and kept things neat.

Here is the very first fire!
Next only in line behind the birth of my children and marrying Jody is this wonderful, wonderful moment in my life!!!! :)

With the stove we bought an Eco Fan. It moves 150 cubic feet of air around and uses NO electric. It transfers the heat into its own electric. Cool thing. In this pic it looks like the pattles are clear but they are just moving. Its made of heavy metal.
My newest and most favorite pass time.My favorite sight.

Let me go on and on about the wood stove......
The thing is- I love it. It makes me feel safe and (literally) warm. I love knowing that even if the power goes off we will have heat. Even if we get 10' of snow, we will have heat. Even if the freakin world is coming to an end....we will have heat. This sence of certainty makes me feel calm and happy. Very little gets me worked up like being too cold in the winter. Now I will never ever have to deal with that issue again :)
Its the best!

No comments: