Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Art Studio

As we were preparing to move back to Romulus I woke up one morning with a thought in mind....

"I am going to have an art studio and I am going to paint it purple"!

For the studio I chose what is actually the dining room of the house. We had used it for years as a family room (see above). So the purple art studio is the first thing you see when you enter our house. This is a little off for a victorian farm house but after all that we have endured....
I do not care! I have let this house dictate to me the way it is to be decorated for 7 yrs. Then in an effort to move all the thinking was about what other people would like best.

Now that we are 'forced' back here I am having it all my way.

We all love the purple studio. Maya Rae says its very inspiring. I havent had any real time to really 'bond' with the space yet but to walk through it its nice.

With 3000 sq ft and only 4 people we have all the room in the world for extras like this. I made this room comfortable for all of us girls. There is a mom zone but there is also a craft table, TONS of kid and teen friendly supplies and a sewing station.

No comments: