Sunday, February 21, 2010

"New" living room

With all the moving we down sized soooo much. We got rid of loads of stuff. (thank goodness for that concidering how much moving we ended up doing)
Among the things we got rid of was my purple couch and chair. I like it so much better then the family room plaid set but this one is sturdier and looks cleaner. So- we kept this set and went with it.
The one thing I didnt want with this move was to reproduce exactly how we lived before so I tried to mix our stuff up.Though we had a green plaid living room set, I didnt want to settle for a country cute thing.
Instead of loading the room with lots of family pics I kept them to the one shelving area and added art instead.Jody bought me these two baticks at an art show. I just adore them! I finally got around to framing them and now they are on either side of the wood stove. I also added sculptures from africa and isreal and a few Baha'i pieces as well as Hindu and chinese peices.
I bought a few red pillows to bring out the red in the couch.
Its very cozy and user friendly. A real flop and chill kind of room. We are very happy with it. :)

1 comment:

brigitta said...

I just wanted to say I love your blog, your kids are lucky to have a mom like you :).