Monday, August 25, 2008

Exhausting !

As you might imagine, all these exciting events ran us ragged!
Most of all mom!!!! Man! Was I fried!!! I'm tellin ya.
After the first week Destiny was ready to go home. Again, she was only 7 yrs old and she was missing her grandma. We found that she has a wonderful family who cares for her well. I told her repeatedly that I was happy she missed her family because that meant that she was happy at home- and that made me very happy. After caring for this kid for two weeks it would have killed me to send her back to an unhappy enviroment. That was not the case thank goodness. Honestly, it was so nice to just have this lovely, talented, brilliant little girl from a different (than ours) but perfectly nice family.
When we put Destiny back on the bus it was bitter sweet. We were all ready to go back to our own lives but knew we'd miss her. The great news is, if she is into it, and we are up to it, we can invite her back next summer.

No comments: