Monday, August 25, 2008

Canning 2008

Just in case you imagined that we haven't been working much over here.... Let me invite you into my cupboard. We are getting rolling on the canning. What you see here is what we have done so far.....340 jars . Included are.....
Salsa, zuc relish, sweet banana pepper rings, zuc soup, french cut green beans, tomato soup,
strawberry jam, strawberry rhubarb jam, strawberry banana jam, peach butter, orange marmalaid, peaches, apple sauce, bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, pickled green beans, pickled stuffed green peppers and finally potatoes.
I feel good about how much is done. I have a ton more to do of course.
Oh- a cool thing.....I figured out that our giant cupboard is actually intended to house canning jars. How cool is that!? I think it will be filled to the brim when all is said and done. :)

No comments: