Saturday, May 10, 2008

Getting the garden in

We have been busy busy getting the garden in order for the season.

Everything is looking great! Elanee and I put the gate back up. It had fallen down in the winter wind. She went around and tightened all of the fence posts too.

Together we moved 90% of that mulch over to the pathways. I am sure the weeds will win again this year but for now- I WIN!!!!! So there!. LOL ;) The mulch looks amazing. So- this is what the garden is supposed to look like.
The onions are coming up nicely.
We have three really nice beds of strawberries. I transplanted several more. I coved the weak plants up with milk jugs. The transplants are coming along.

So far we have planted asparagus, rhubarb, peas and bush beans.In the newely tilled extended garden we have planted 9 rows of red potatoes. Got smart this year and labled everything using Sharpie markers and sticks.








No comments: