Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cloth napkins

Saving the world one cloth napkin at a time :)
One of my new little joys is cloth napkins. We didn't actually switch to cloth from paper.
We have always just used dish towels for napkins. Then one day we were visiting friends and I noticed their pile of varied colored, mismatched, cloth napkins. I thought that was cool.
I started looking at the Salvation Army for some for our house. Since then I have found some there and at yard sales. Now we have quite the collection. Everyone has their favorites. I dont have to be embarrassed to hand company a raggy ol dish towel anymore either.
I have actually become quite spoiled with cloth. Cloth shopping bags, napkins, kitchen towels & rags. When I have had to carry a plastic bag or use a paper napkin I am reminded of how NICE it is to never have to.

1 comment:

Firefly Mom said...

Hi! I wandered over hear after seeing your post on Secular Homeschoolers.

We *love* cloth napkins! I started using them years ago after reading "Frugal Luxuries" by Tracey McBride. And like you, we all have our favorites (though I do keep a set aside for company that is devoid of speghetti stains ;)