Monday, April 14, 2008

Horse Back Riding

On Thursday Russ was taking Vahid, Ruhi and his dad to NYC for a Mets game so Retta and I decided to find something for the rest of us to do. We settled on horse back riding.
Elanee and Quddus opted to stay back and play video games so Retta, Maya, Vayda and I drove over to Pocono Adventures Riding Stables.
We were assigned horses and told to mount up. Now- I was not really able to mount up on a horse wearing a saddle up above my reach and a stirrup at my shoulder height!!!! Not so much! Cant I get a bail of hay to step up on???? I asked. No go.
So- the lady who was running the show grabbed my foot and shoved it up above my shoulder and into the stirrup. Then- before I knew it she squatted down, ducked her head under my crotch and then with my boot-y on her shoulders she freakin sumo wrestler bench pressed me onto the horse!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing too darn hard to be mortified. I have decided that if I wanna look skinny...on a horse is not the place to try.
However, Retta looks o so natural on one. Once everyone was in line we were given a 45 min tour of a rocky path and lovely woods. At one point Retta yelled back to me, "Hey Carrie- what do you think of the ride?" My reply was, "Just like yesterdays drive- bumper to bumper and highly stressful!"
In the end I had relaxed. Maya and Vayda were naturals and perfectly content riding a giant beast. I found the whole thing rather liberating. The next day I found that my entire being was aching. Ouch.

2 comments:

Farmer Lady said...

LOL being sumo wrestled up onto the horse! I'm not laughing at you, but the picture that created in my head! I think I would have preferred the hay bale! Oh well, it's always nice to go on a horse back ride, no matter how you get up there.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.