Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Star Ridge

On the 4th of July Jody, Vayda, Maya Rae and I went down to Day Star Ridge for a
day long visit.The kids played with old friends and the grown ups visited. There were about 25 people or so. Though it was July it was cooolddd. brrr. So we spent the day pretty bundled up.
I love this fire pit and at some point I intend to copy it. :)
The folks on the Day Star committee have worked hard to make the camp grounds beautiful. I noticed many new plantings and the guys were working hard, laying the ground for a prayer gazebo.
Aaron and Shelley came too. Nice to see them again so soon after the recent grad party. Jody borrowed Aarons bike and went for a spin.

We chose not to camp overnight because I didnt feel like packing up all the gear but we did stay late into the evening. We got to see several fire work shows in varied directions around the hill. We had a great day.

No comments: