Monday, June 30, 2008

Garden

The garden is chugging along. I am finding that I have to go out and do at least
something every day.Then every other day I put in about 3 hrs of weeding. That sounds bad in type but I get up early
and go out while its cool and quiet. Its actually very meditative.
I finally see why people become passionate about gardening.
We have 3 nice watermellon plants. That will keep us buy eating watermellon. I want to make some pickled watermellon rinds too.


The broccoli is getting huge. The one edge of my garden has great soil and the plants there are nice and big. The others are catching up.
Finally some lettuce. I planted 3 types and spinach too.

Steaked tomatoes are doing great. We have lots of blossoms and some little green babies too.
The potatoes are great! Onions are huge, corn, pumkins, cukes, zuces, squash, celery, beans, peas ETC are all coming along! We'll be cannin like crazy in no time!!!


1 comment:

Portable Graffiti said...

Now those vegetable plants!! I can't grow them like that down here. Only in that wonderful New York soil.