Sunday, July 22, 2007

MORE soup ALREADY !?!?!?

More Soup Already!?
This is what the girls shouted when I said today was the day for chicken soup.

This soup is alot less work than the beef and barley.
All the girls chipped in with the cutting while I worked on the soup stock.




Again, I bought the veggies but we had the chickens we raised last year on hand. We are just starting with a X8 batch. Not sure how many quarts that will get us. We will make more as needed. Shooting for around 35-40 quarts. This is the 3rd time doing this soup. I like it because you can just chuck in a little rice, noodles, potatoes, or even dumplings- whatever- and you have an instant meal.

2 comments:

Petula said...

Mmmm, I love homemade chicken soup!

Portable Graffiti said...

Oh I love the photos. I miss sitting in that huge kitchen of yours.

What was the age of those chickens? They look like game hens or must be pretty young.

Love seeing the kids working in your kitchen.