Friday, March 02, 2007

Ayyam-i-Ha at our House

We celebrated Ayyam-i-Ha at our house. Every year since I became a Baha'i I have been trying to find a cool way to decorate for this holiday. This year I decided that an Ayyam-i-Ha bush
was just the ticket!

Now let me say- that NO other
Baha'i has a wacky Ayyam-i-Ha bush. This is just a Norton thing- K?
We bought a metal plant holder thingy at Walmart & stuck a green foam block down in it. Vayda cut lilac branches. I stuck the sticks into the foam. Maya & our neighbor Saige covered the foam up with polished stones from Walmart. I cut 9 point starts out of polymer clay and baked them. Vayda and a friend, Nicole, painted the stars funky colors. I strung the stars and Maya decorated the bush.

I love it. Its really cool even without the stars. This is where we placed the kids gifts too. Of course they are wrapped in left over Xmas paper ;) Walmart was plum outa Ayyam-i-Ha paper again this year.
Great project!


No comments: