Friday, December 16, 2011

Getting Ready for Foster Care


In the spring of 2010 Jody and I decided that we were ready to adopt. We were seeking two girls ages aprox 6 & 8. In Sept 2010 we began our MAPP classes through Tompkins County. We made a start but then had to delay classes due to my surgeries. I was supposed to have missed one class but in the end I missed the entire fall. The folks at DSS were very kind and let us jump back into the class in the winter of 2011. So in May we finished our classes. Along the way we decided we wanted to try foster care before we jumped into adoption. I worked hard to get the house ready for foster care.
I prepped an empty bedroom for the coming girls. It was hard to do not knowing what ages we might end up with. Here is the 'blue room' before I added some art to the walls.

No comments: