Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Angelica comes to visit!

WAHOOOOO!
Angelica came to our house to visit!!!
I have waited all her life for this moment. When she was 4 & 5 yrs old and I was with her father, I always had a room for her in my house. I kept toys and clothes for her. At that time we were going to see her bi-weekly but in the end we were never able to bring her home.
Since we reunited 2 yrs ago I have taken Elanee, Vayda and Maya Rae to
her world in Brockton, Mass. to see her.
So when she said she'd come to Elanee's Birthday party in our back yard I was psyched!!!
She and her boyfriend, Trevor, came with the boys. They got a little lost and learned a lot about the value of taking the Thruway instead of the back roads and what to pack when traveling with little ones etc. It was their first time making a long trip alone and it was a great learning experience. The next time will be easier and cheaper for them.
I was really worried about our accommodations as we only had the one nice guest room for Trevor. Angelica, the babies and Elanee had to crash in what was Elanee's old bedroom. Vayda and I rigged it up for them but it basically looked like a bad dorm room.
Everyone was happy enough with all that. I was also concerned with the fact that our house is soooo not baby proofed. I managed to get a couple of baby gates at a yard sale. In the end we were all very surprised how easy the babies were manage.

We didn't get to do a ton of stuff because we had a big party planned for Elanee but we did get out to the lake in Geneva for a bit on Sat. The party was a big hit on Sat evening. I got to sit up till 3 am with Trevor and chat. That rocked. Then on Sunday morning we were going to go to the Ithaca Festival but it was freezing so Angelica and I went up to get some gas for their car and then sat and talked for over 3 hrs. That was amazing! Amazing!!! I got to say all the stuff I have wanted to say since she was 4 yrs old. Sigh. Good good stuff.



I feel like I say this too much these days but I feel soooooooo grateful.

No comments: