Saturday, December 15, 2007

Guess whos home schooled !!!!!!

Ms. Vayda! Thats who!
Wow. Can you believe it???
I am not sure I ever really believed this day would come. To make a long story short. One Sunday eve in late November Vayda came into the family room where I was chillin and said, "Mom, I want to be home schooled". I said, "So- dont get on a bus in the morning." That led to a long conversation on how to exit school gracefully. And- how to avoid some pitfalls we learned with Elanees exit. Well, she did get on the bus in the morning. But, in the afternoon she cleaned out her locker, returned her books and thanked her teachers. She came home and that was that! Wow. Her first assignment was to relax for 14 days! Get a grip. Do some things that make her smile and plan a party! So she did. The party was great with numberous friends. Now- the 14 days are up and the books have all come in the mail. Above she looks oh so miserable but in reality she is eager to dig into her work and is enjoying all of our classes, gatherings and concerts. I think she likes sleeping till 9 the best :) She says shes going back to RCS in the fall. Thats all up to her. For now we'll just see where this adventure takes us.
I cannot believe this life :)

1 comment:

Portable Graffiti said...

WOW!! That's big news!!

Welcome to homeschooling Vayda!

I sure miss you guys, all of yas.